Recommended Books for Inquiry and Use in the Classroom
Below are book write-ups including summaries, “how-to-use” descriptions, and links to related videos or content. All of these books are available to borrow from the Cotsen Library. Thanks to Cotsen Alumnae Lindsay Light and Angela Bae for writing these! Please send us your write-ups of books you recommend and we’ll be sure to post them.
- Already Ready: Nurturing Writers in Preschool and Kindergarten by Katie Wood Ray and Matt Glover
- Choice Words: How Our Language Affects Children’s Learning by Peter H. Johnston
- I Am Reading: Nurturing Young Children’s Meaning Making and Joyful Engagement with Any Book by Kathy Collins and Matt Glover
- Notice and Note: Strategies for Close Reading by Kylene Beers and Robert E. Probst
- Quality Questioning Research-Based Practice to Engage Every Learner by Jackie Acree Walsh and Beth Dankert Sattes
- Thrive: 5 Ways to (Re)Invigorate Your Teaching by Meeno Rami