As the Primary Writers for California’s new History-Social Science Framework, the CHSSP is uniquely positioned to support implementation of the new guidelines for instruction.
Framework Conferences (2019-20)
We’re proud to announce a new series of conferences across California, focused on Framework implementation.
Sessions. Conference participants will enjoy extended sessions with ample time for discussion and sharing with your teaching colleagues, scholars, and teacher educators. You’ll be able to choose from more than 20 different Framework-related topics, including the FAIR Act, world history, Native Californians, and special sessions designed specifically for elementary teachers and school administrators. Click here to see the full list of sessions and scheduled presenters.
Dates and Locations
- UC Irvine (September 10, 2019)
- Tulare COE, Visalia (October 17, 2019)
- CSU East Bay, Hayward (December 16, 2019)
- Riverside Convention Center (February 5, 2020)
- UC Davis (April 15, 2020)
- CSU Dominguez Hills, Carson (May 2020 – specific date TBA)
- Shasta COE, Redding (September 2, 2020)
Registration. Registration costs $225, and is payable via credit card or school purchase order. If you are interested in attending, reserve your spot today, as our last round of conferences sold out quickly.