Registration through December 1, 2019, is open to Cotsen Mentors and Fellows only
To register, contact Lyndon Catayong at email@example.com
Why use primary sources in an inquiry-based classroom?
Primary sources are the raw materials of history. They are original documents and objects that were created at the time under study. When you teach with primary sources, students dive into inquiry by:
- Questioning and making inferences
- Wrestling with contradictions
- Considering multiple points of view
- Constructing their own knowledge and meaning
- Making claims and forming conclusions based on evidence
Join us to observe students using primary sources across the curriculum, debrief with demonstration teachers, and explore primary sources for your own classroom.